20A-24V Automatic Multi-Stage Mains Battery Charger designed to enable safe and efficient unattended charging of a 24V battery bank from a mains power source (220-240V AC).
Advanced 7 stage charging process delivers faster and efficient charging, whilst eliminating the risk of voltage fluctuations.
This unit is able to charge either a single 24V battery, or several 24V batteries connected in parallel (batteries must be the same type, capacity and age). This mains battery charger is compatible with Lead Acid batteries, including AGM, Gel and Wet cell batteries.
WEEKLY SPECIAL ....... ENDS 17TH JANUARY 2022
Seven stage automatic charging
1) Desulphation: The desulphation stage may break down sulphation that occurs in batteries that have been left flat for extended periods of time, returning them back to full charge. Sulphation occurs when lead-sulphate hardens and clogs up the battery cells.
2) Soft-Start: A preliminary charge process that gently introduces power to the battery. This protects the battery and increases battery life.
3) Bulk (Constant Current): Bulk mode charges the battery at the maximum rate (constant current) putting a large amount of power into the battery in a short amount of time. This stage will charge the battery to approximately 80%, until the voltage reaches 14.4 volts for 12V battery or 28.8volts for 24V charger.
4) Absorption (Constant Voltage): The charge rate slows down so the battery can absorb more power and reach 100% charge. The voltage remains at a constant 14.4 volts for 12V charger or 28.8 volts for 24V charge while the current is gradually reduced until no more power can be added without over-charging the battery.
5) Battery Test: An automatically battery test is conducted immediately after the absorption stage. The test monitors the voltage for 90 seconds to determine if the charge was successful.
6) Recondition: The battery reconditioning function is initiated automatically if the battery fails the battery test (stage 5). Failing the battery test indicates that the absorption stage was unable to fully charge the battery. The recondition mode will then begin to introduce a low constant current for a period of 4 hours. Then the charger will go into the float charging mode. This recondition stage can recover batteries from a deeply discharged state increasing performance and battery life.
7) Float: The float stage maintains the battery at 100% charge without overcharging or damaging the battery. This means the charger can be left connected to the battery indefinitely.
PRODUCT CODE: CH2420
Welcome to the Sunshine Solar online store. We are UK suppliers of all things solar including; Solar Panels, Solar Chargers, Solar Battery Chargers and much more.
Our aim is to become the UK's preferred online retailer of quality renewable energy products and accessories. Our ethos is one of outstanding customer service and competitive pricing.